Vietnamese Coffee edit
You need one of those Vietnamese coffee filters to make this. Also, a Robusta works best (Trung Nguyen, if your local mart has it), but use a medium or dark roast otherwise.
- 15g of coffee
- 15g sweetened condensed milk
- 90ml of hot water (~95°, but honestly I doubt it matters)
- Grind the coffee to a medium coarseness (I do a #5 on the Ode)
- Pour the grounds into the press and lightly compress with the little compressor disk
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the bottom of your mug, and place the coffee filter on top
- With the compressor disk still in the device, bloom the coffee with about 15ml of water
- Add the rest of the water and let drip through with the lid on (if your device has a lid)
- Stir the coffee well, before pouring over ice—or drink straight from the mug if you perfer it hot
I could only find volumetric recipes online, so this is a weighed-out version of the more authentic looking ones I could find. I make it a little sweeter than recommended (8g – 10g seems to be more traditional), but I’m looking to have a sweet coffee when I have this.