Jack's Holiday Blend Coffee edit
“Really gross” — Quinn
- 20g of coffee (preferably one that’s not too “flavoured” already)
- 1g of clove
- 2g of cinnamon
- 2g of ground ginger
- 3g of cocoa nibs
- This recipe works best with the coffee you already enjoy; choose the roast you perfer, grind it at the setting you perfer, and use the amount of water you would usually use for 20g, boiled to the temp. you perfer.
- Toast the cloves, cinnamon, and cocoa nibs in a pan
- While still hot, grind the spices together (I used a spice grinder, but use what you have)
- Add the ground spices, ground ginger, and ground coffee into a French Press and bloom the mixture
- Add the rest of the water and place the lid on (but don’t press)
- Wait 2 minutes, then pour the French Press out (without straining) into a Hario with an unbleached filter
- Let drain and then drink
At the very least, this isn’t a subtley flavoured coffee. Quinn found the ginger too strong, so maybe start with a little less and work your way up, if you’re willing to make this more than once.